Category Archives: Uncategorized
between jan.5th-march 18th 2013
The Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension (JAEE)
- For JAEE see: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/raee20/current
- About 21st ESEE-ANTALYA in the Web Page of the Journal : http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/pdf/ESEE-announcement-2013.pdf
- Currently known as The Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension (1998 – current)
- Formerly known as European Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension (1994 – 1998)
Abstracting & indexing
Aims & scope
The Journal of Agricultural Education & Extension is published to inform experts who do or use research on agricultural education and extension about research conducted in this field worldwide. Information about this research is needed to improve policies, strategies, methods and practices for agricultural education and extension. The Journal of Agricultural Education & Extension accepts authorative and well-referenced scientific articles within the field of agricultural education and extension after a double-blind peer review process.
Agricultural education and extension faces profound change, and therefore its core area of attention is moving towards communication, competence development and performance improvement for a wide variety of fields and audiences, most of which can be studied from a multi-disciplinary perspective, including:
- Communication for Development
- Competence Management and Development
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Human Resource Development
- Design and Implementation of Competence–based Education
- Environmental and Natural Resource Management
- Entrepreneurship and Learning
- Facilitating Multiple-Stakeholder Processes
- Health and Society
- Innovation of Agricultural-Technical Education
- Innovation Systems and Learning
- Integrated Rural Development
- Interdisciplinary and Social Learning
- Learning, Conflict and Decision Making
- Poverty Reduction
- Performance Improvement
- Sustainable Agricultural Production
The Journal of Agricultural Education & Extension sees as the purposes of agricultural education and extension to prepare students for leadership, management, and technical support roles, to further develop the public, independent workers, volunteers and professionals, and to improve practices in the fields mentioned. This should be achieved whilst balancing people, profit and planet interests.
All submissions must comply with the Instruction for Authors.
The Journal of Agricultural Education & Extension ensures that all articles published in the journal have undergone rigorous peer review, based on initial screening by the editorial committee and anonymous refereeing by two referees who are active in the academic community. The purpose of the refereeing process is to ensure that articles provide relevant and accurate material for those who do and use research, including: researchers, academics, agricultural education and extension managers, trainers and experts, communication professionals, human resources specialists, and policy makers.
We thank Prof.Dr. Martin Mulder, Editor of the Journal of Agricultural Education and Extension (JAEE);
Organising Committee of the 21st ESEE
Extension education worldwide: trends, challenges and cases (including public and private, farmer organizations, etc.)
- Extension education for rural development (including multifunctionality, tourism, etc)
- Extension education and the future of food and farming (including global warming, food crises, energy crisis, sustainable agriculture, etc.)
- Extension education and commercialisation of agricultural products (including alternative or short circuits, marketing, etc)
- Extension education networks and cyber extension
- New approaches in planning, implementation and evaluation of extension education projects (including methods, facilitation, etc.)
- Practitioner of extension
- Scientists, Researchers and Trainers
- Consultants in the rural sector
- Directly & indirectly related fields & sectors (Universities, Research Public&Private Institutes, Ministries..)
Purpose of the Seminar
The main purpose of this seminar traditionally is to share the ideas and practices of the participants on Extension Worldwide to agricultural extension works. The practitioner of extension and advisory work in the rural sector, scientists and researchers participate to our seminar. As usual this year we’ll see and listen the best practice in extension between public and private extension services around the world starting from Europe. We have the possibilities to discuss and argue and to adopt them in other countries.
We invite all those who are interested in presenting a paper, video, poster,
practical idea, or debate in the 21nd ESEE. The guidelines for the full paper have been available next week. We request for proposal from individuals in the fields of Extension Science, Agriculture, Horticulture, Floriculture and all related fields. We accept two types of presentations: Oral presentation (15 minutes) & Poster presentation.
The abstract title, the names of the writer, and supervisor of the research
article introduced, and contact email address, the name of institution (university etc).
The seminar 2013 will emphasise these specific themes above but papers on other topics are also welcome. If you have more suggestions for the topics to be covered after this very demanding natural disaster time to the farming and extension, please write us about them.
During the seminar, some tecnical visits to institutions involved in training and teaching extension and some historical places will be organized.
Registration & Accommodation
All presenters are expected to register online by 10th May 2013 for presenters. The online registration will be available by 31st May for other audience participants as it given below. Registration and all seminar fees information will be presented to you via internet (webpage and paper) about online registration, abstract submission, full paper and poster submission, and power point presentation, accommodation, flight, and venue etc.
The Important Dates
The seminar will be held between 02-06 September 2013.
- 30th March 2013- Deadline for Abstract Submission
- 10th April 2012- Notification of Acceptance
- 10th May 2013- Deadline for Full Paper Submission & Early Registration
- 31st May 2013- Deadline for Registration of Other Participants
- 2nd – 6th September, 2013- Seminar Dates.
Could you please share your opinion?
21st ESEE will be held between September 2 to 6, 2013 in Antalya, Turkey. As it known, the main purpose of this seminar traditionally is to share the ideas and practices of the participants on Extension Worldwide to agricultural extension works. The practitioner of extension and advisory work in the rural sector, scientists and researchers participate to our seminar. As usual this year we’ll see and listen the best practice in extension between public and private extension services around the world starting from Europe. We have the possibilities to discuss and argue and to adopt them in other countries.
And it will be a new website for the ESEE, named as ” http://www.esee1973.org ” in the near future.
We will be happy to welcome you in Antalya. Hope to see you in sunny Antalya.
Orhan Özçatalbaş, PhD.
Coordinator of 21th ESEE
Akdeniz University,Faculty of Agriculture, Dept.of Agricultural Economics Extension Science 07058 Antalya/Turkey E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel/Phone:+90 242 3102476 Fax:+90 242 2274564